About the Course
The course is being offered to students of classes 10th, 11th and 12th to give them an opportunity to learn about hospitality, tourism and culinary domains of the larger service industry. Through this course, the learners will know more about the nature of the hospitality and tourism business and the various sub segments contained within. This journey will allow a learner to evaluate if pursuing an undergraduate course that leads to a career in hospitality and tourism is of further interest to them.
Course Session Plan
The course is structured in the form of 12, two-hour inputs as shared below, these would be scheduled over a 6 week period with no more than 2 sessions in a week conducted in a online mode.
The indicative topics are as below:
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry and Contemporary Trends in Hospitality
- Gastronomy, Food and Drink Tourism
- Industry relationship with environment and issues of Sustainable Development
- Increasing Role and Influce of Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Events and MICE Tourism
- Writing professional CVs and building LinkedIn Profiles
- Future of Hospitality Industry and changing roles and career opportunities including entrepreneurship through start-up ventures
- Introduction to Professional Food Production and Culinary Arts
- Understanding the basics of Food Production Operations (Hot and Cold Kitchen)
- Fundamentals of Bakery and Confectionary
- Learning about Artisan Breads and Bakery Products
- Understanding the Future of Chefs, know more about trends like slow food, farm to fork, sustainable practices
Sessions will be delivered in an online mode, including culinary demonstrations, which will happen live based on topic requirements.
Key Course Benefits
a. Introduction to the World of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts
The foundation course will cover a lot of basics that will offer a learner a decent insight in terms of understanding what these businesses are all about, what is the future of the industry in India and internationally and how and where they can fit in based on their interest (if any). Gain contemporary knowledge and life skills that matter.
b. Certification with Academic Credit and Other Benefits
The learners who complete the course with 90% or more overall attendance and complete the assessment with receive a certificate of completion that will also come with academic credit that will exempt them from the written exam component of our entrance process 2021, including a waiver of the application form fee.
c. Complimentary Registration on the Summer 2021 Internship Programmes
Successful learners who receive certification will be allowed to register for any one of our highly recognized summer internship programme tracks on complimentary basis.
Some hospitality and culinary related event pictures at Vedatya are shown below.
Registration for the course is free of charge but does require 90% attendance for the course certificate to be awarded. Please register for the course by completing the registration form.
Registration slots are filling up fast and will only be accepted on the basis of availability. We recommend that you apply quickly.
Additional details about the program are available in this document.
(Wednesday) 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Garhi Bazidpur, Gurugram, Haryana 122102