Post Graduate Programme in Sales & Marketing Management | PGPSMM
1 year full-time program (including 3 month internship & 6 month on-the-job training) | Awarded by Vedatya & IHG
About the Course
This cutting-edge, one-of-a kind programme provides an in-depth training and understanding of the 'Sales & Marketing' function with a focus on the service industry. The programme, in partnership with InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG; the world's largest hotel company), provides a world-class coaching and training by expert faculty and industry leaders, placing one's career on a fast track. The programme has 3 months of theory followed by supervised work experience and on-the-job training with IHG along with expert coaching. Given this industry integrated approach, the programme is guaranteed to build industry ready professionals.
The students are coached on various contemporary approaches to acquiring, retaining and growing customer base through discussions, case studies and collaborative exercises. The modules are designed to equip students with a thorough insight of all the related elements which essentially enable them to perform the role of a sales and marketing manager. This application oriented programme focuses on developing skills essential for providing excellent customer service, maximizing sales and enhancing business development for a high performing sales and marketing team. Aspects like buyer behaviour, market research, relationship management, sales promotion techniques, financial analysis, fundamentals of personal selling, understanding of revenue management and online marketing are embedded in the curriculum.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be equipped to approach managerial decision-making, develop effective sales strategies for building customer base, driving sales, maintain and build customer relationships.
- Dedicated industry interface through industry visits and guest lectures from senior executives
- Guaranteed one year internship from one of the world's largest hotel company, IHG
- Programme delivery through experts in the field
- Participation in various internal and external events and workshops for an enhanced learning experience
Fundamentals of Selling - Basic Skills
[ PGPSMM 101 ]
Revenue Management Basics
[ PGPSMM 102 ]
[ PGPSMM 103 ]
Financial Skills for Profitable Selling
[ PGPSMM 104 ]
Internship | Supervised Work Experience (SWE) | Portfolio based Academic Assessment
[ 12 Weeks ]
On the Job Training*
[ 24 Weeks ]
* The training for six months will be facilitated by IHG, our industry partner for the programme. Students will work as trainee (sales & marketing) and will be awarded certificate of successful completion by IHG.
* Any stipend payable during the on the job training will be at the discretion of IHG.
- Graduate with 50% marks in any stream from an Indian or a foreign university
- A candidate can either fill online application form or download it from the website and send the duly filled application form to the address mentioned on the form along with the application fee draft drawn in the favour of "Umak Educational Trust" payable at Gurugram. Candidate can also obtain the application form from the Institute's Admission Office by depositing the application fee in cash
- Selection is based on personal interview jointly conducted by Vedatya & IHG
- Selected candidates will be provided expert coaching and guaranteed placement
- GST @18% and any other applicable taxes are additional. Taxes are subject to revision as per the statutory policy of the government of India
- First installment is payable as per the date communicated in the offer letter
Terms & Conditions
- A refundable programme security deposit of Rs. 15,000 is to be paid at the time of admission. This is fully refundable when the student completes the programme or for some reason when he/she leaves the programme
- If a student leaves the program in the middle of an academic year, then he/she is liable to pay half the annual fee for the particular year
- Any taxes as applicable by law are not included in fees and will be charged additionally
- Learning resources are provided/facilitated by the institute
Fee Refund Policy
- Fee once paid is not refundable except the security deposit
CTC | Graduating Students (Rs.)
Department Wise Placement (%)
Placement Profile (%)
2013 Graduate | Asst. Sales Manager, Crowne Plaza, Rohini, Delhi
Vedatya has lots to offer to its students in terms of industry interaction, studies, events, participation in internal and external competition, conferences, workshops etc. All this and more forms part of a student development program which is holistic in nature. I was prepared and positioned to meet corporate expectations through various workshops and training sessions. The one year internship gave me the much needed training I needed to succeed in my career. Thanks to Vedatya and all the faculty members who were all there for me throughout the program.
2010 Graduate | Regional Sales Manager, South Asia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
I thank Vedatya for all the guidance and support I got during and after my graduation. The institute has not only given me knowledge but also the confidence to succeed. Vedatya worked on each student's all round development, we were provided with several platforms to discover and hone our talents. After graduating, I was placed with The Grand New Delhi as a Management Trainee Front office from where I was promoted as Duty Manager and then I was transferred in Revenue Department as Assistant Manager Reservations & Revenue. Later, I got an opportunity to move into sales as Assistant Sales Manager (Leisure Sales). I worked for The Grand New Delhi for 4.5 years and recently got an opportunity to work with Hyatt Hotels Corporation as Global Sales Manager. It's been a wonderful journey and a wonderful experience for me.