Overview | Hospitality School
The School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (SHTM) was established in year 2000 as the institute’s first school in academic partnership with The Department of Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism Management. SHTM provides its students the knowledge, skills and competencies for a career in the international hospitality and tourism industry. Its programmes are designed to empower students with a complete range of managerial skills both at a conceptual and at an operational level, supported by practical training and a Supervised Work Experience (SWE).
In its short existence, SHTM has achieved the following milestones.
- Ranked amongst the premier hotel management institutions of India by the Education Times, Times of India
- A self-sustainable "Green Campus" with academic, recreational and residential facilities for students
- Vedatya is the first institute in India to have a multinational on-campus training hotel of the “Holiday Inn” brand
- Academic partnership with InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the world’s largest hotel company, in the form of an IHG Academy
- Demonstrated record of placement at global hospitality chains like Crowne Plaza, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Taj Hotels, J. W. Marriott & Carlson
- Record of merit based full year paid internships in England, Australia, Dubai, Malaysia, Singapore, Germany and India
- Demonstrated record of over 10 years of excellence in academics and research
- 100 percent placements in management trainee / management positions in leading organisations
- Numerous ‘Employee of the Month’ and ‘Gold Awards’ won by the students during the Supervised Work Experience (SWE) training
- Self- organised well received food festivals created and executed by students
- Many alumni have started successful entrepreneurial ventures