Vedatya Institute, Gurugram Presents
(8th & 9th February 2024)
Vedatya Institute Gurugram is an educator for the service industry. The institute was founded in the year 2000 with a long term objective to provide best-in-class, internationally recognized, undergraduate, post graduate, doctoral and executive education programmes of study in the service sector related areas of hospitality, business, culinary arts and design. It currently offers undergraduate programmes in Hospitality, Culinary Arts, Design and Business Management in partnership with Gurugram University as their Off-site Campus.
Vedatya is an initiative of IIT & the Wharton School alums who wish to replicate their quality educational experience for the benefit of students in India. It is funded by the holding entity of Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi, Radisson Blu Varanasi and a restaurant chain called The Great Kabab Factory.
Create a dynamic learning ecosystem that contributes to a global workforce.
Create industry-ready and high-performing lifelong learners with contemporary Knowledge, skills and attitude.
• Learner Centricity
• Solution Orientation
• Pursuit of Excellence
• Compassionate Leadership
Journal of Services Research is more than a two decade old, a bi-annual double blind peer reviewed journal. JSR has produced 44 regular issues and 3 special issues till date. The first issue of the JSR was published in the year 2001. JSR since then has grown significantly and has paved an enormous platform for cutting-edge research in the fields like hospitality services, Culinary, Business management and technology and innovations. The journal is currently indexed in UGC (CARE) Group 1 and ABDC indexed. JSR has been consistently improving the quality by raising the profile of all the stakeholders, adhering to the quality protocols of the research papers and ensuring the academics research ethics.
After a successful two day International conference on “Recent Trends in Hospitality, culinary and Business Practices” which was conducted on 8th and 9th December under the aegis of Journal of Services Research, 2022, Vedatya Institute is again back with yet another International conference on “Re-envisioning Agility, Sustainability and Technological Innovation in Manufacturing and Service Industry” (RASTMSI 2024). Some of the research papers presented in the conference were from University of New York, Brisbane (Queensland), IIM (Himachal Pradesh), IIM (Jammu), IIM (Nagpur), IIM (Sambalpur), IIT (Kharagpur), Delhi University, Punjabi University, Amity University, and many other. With that note, we would like to unveil the theme of our next international conference which has been scheduled for 8th and 9th of February, 2024. The conference will run in physical mode.
Amidst all the chaos and turbulence, it’s inevitable for the business to be agile and keep the business afloat. Building strategic agility to outperform the competitors and benchmark oneself enables cruise the environment uncertainty and turbulence prevailing. The conference aims to re-envision the concept of agility to bring deserved excellence in operations which may lead to the emergence of agile firms who can sustain and flourish in VUCA environment. It has become an important tool to cut across the fierce competition and highly unpredictable business environment. Agility cannot be brought in isolation; it needs sustainability to be underpinned in all the business operations and other processes. The threshold or the gateway for agility is through sustainability which many of the businesses have realized it but yet struggling to put them into practice. The conference aims to invite the research papers from researchers, academicians and industry practitioners to contribute to the development of business agility and sustainability by deliberating issues, challenges and the possible solutions to the problems and achieve excellence. Technological innovations and interference can be seen in almost all the industries and the recent pandemic is an excellent example where businesses survived only because of technology. All industries are enabling artificial intelligence and technology in business operations and in rendering services. Today’s data driven industry has caused a disruption in the industrial set up across all developing and emerging economies. The theme of the conference has been designed in a manner to address and throw light on all the above mentioned concepts and dovetail to business excellence and its deliverables to the society at large.
• Enable a platform to deliberate and get acquainted with the recent trends and technological innovations in the manufacturing and the service industry.
• Provide a forum to discuss examples of agile business and the resilience strategy to beat odds and bounce back
• Fill the vacuum between academics and industry practitioners by adding on to the academic wisdom and giving the much deserved industry practitioners.
• Follow sustainable operations in true sense by having and sticking to a minimalistic approach.
Prospective researchers and authors are invited to submit their original research papers and/or case studies for presentation at the conference. The two day international conference aims to bring together domain experts academicians, industry practitioners, key note speakers, delegates from academia and industry, research scholars and faculty members. The discussion and presentations will be centred on Agility, Resilience, Sustainability and technological innovations in Business and Service industry.
Research paper/case study/ article submission are invited but not limited to the following tracks and sub tracks mentioned below:
• Crisis leadership and Organizational Resilience
• Risk Management
• Business Continuity planning and professional practices
• Emergence of new markets under the changed global scenario
• Interdisciplinary ties in the context of globalization
• Change Management
• Leadership and New Normal
• Boundaryless Organization- Scope and Challenges
• Corporate Governance
• Innovative Consulting
• Marketing strategies for Sustainability
• Sustainable Development Goals
• Sustainable management practices
• Financial Inclusion and Sustainability
• Sustainable Entrepreneurship
• Green Economy and Green Business
• Impact Investing and Sustainability Reporting
• Sustainability in Theory and Practice
• Organizational readiness for Sustainable Transformation
• Sustainable Supply Chains
• Artificial Intelligence and Sustainability
• Technology enabled Green Business
• IT and Ethics
• IoT (Internet of Things) and Industry 5.0
• Critical evaluation of A.I. across industries
• ICT tools and its application in Business
• Technology Integration
• Innovation in Business Models
• Technology and Inclusion
• Service Shift in Catering to Millennial
• Tech Explosion in Hospitality & Tourism
• Eco-friendly Practices
• Changing Focus of Revenue Management
• Challenges in Labour Market of Hospitality Industry
• Work life Balance of Hospitality & Culinary Industry
• Promoting Local and regional food in high-end Hotels
• Crisis Management
• Food and Social Entrepreneurship
• Food Cost Control
• Food Waste Management
• Green Hotel
• Each submitted paper should contain an abstract not exceeding 300 words and should be sent in MS Word format to the conference ID: email@example.com
• The author(s) are required to send the abstract and full paper in 12-point font size, Times New Roman Font in MS Word with 1.5 line spacing. The first page of the manuscript should include the title of the paper, name of the author(s), organization affiliation, complete mailing address, phone number and e-mail address.
• Tables, illustrations, charts figure etc. should be serially numbered and duly acknowledged. Sources of data need to be mentioned below each table.
• The references which are used in-text should be alphabetically arranged in APA format in the Reference List.
• An Internal Expert Committee will screen the abstract on the basis of certain parameters like research content, originality and concept clarity.
• Once the abstract is accepted, the full paper should be sent on/before the due date and the word limit of the full paper should not exceed 5000 words.
• Research Scholars and students
The papers will be published in the conference E-proceedings with ISBN Number. Few Selected papers will be published in UGC Approved and ABDC listed Journal.
One paper from each technical session will be shortlisted for the Best paper Award.
Abstract Submission – 20th January 2024
Notification of Acceptance – 21st January 2024
Author Registration – 23rd January 2024
Full Paper Submission – 31st January 2024
Conference Date – 8th & 9th February 2024
Mr. Amit Kapur
Promoter, Vedatya Institute, Gurugram
Prof. Sandeep Munjal
Director, Vedatya Institute, Gurugram
Prof. (Dr.) Anita Sharma
Associate Dean (Academics)
Vedatya Institute, Gurugram
Professor Rhodri Thomas
Leeds Beckett University, Macaulay Hall
Prof. (Dr.) Amarjeet Kaur
Dean, Faculty of Commerce & Management
Gurugram University, Haryana, India