Online Foundation Course in Culinary and Sustainable Practices - October 2021
About the course
About the course
The course is being offered to students of classes 10th, 11th, and 12th to allow them to learn about culinary domains of the larger service industry. Through this course the learners will know more about the nature of the hospitality and tourism business, the various sub-segments contained within, and through this journey allow a learner to evaluate if pursuing an undergraduate course that leads to a career in hospitality and tourism is of further interest to them.
Course session plan
The course is structured in the form of 14 two-hour inputs with assessments on the eighth day. These would be scheduled on Saturdays over 8 days conducted in an online mode.
During the interaction, the participants will get a good understanding of various aspects around food, farm to fork, cuisines, chefs, future of chefs, professional kitchen, bakery, hot & cold kitchen, sustainability, career options, etc. The programme structure is apt for students who have a passion for food and want to explore possible career opportunities in culinary arts.
- Introduction to Professional Food Production and Culinary Arts – 23rd Oct 2021
- Understanding the basics of Food Production Operations (Hot and Cold Kitchen) – 30th Oct 2021
- Fundamentals of Bakery and Confectionary – 13th Nov 2021
- Industry relationship with environment and issues of Sustainable Development – 20th Nov 2021
- Understanding the Future of Chefs, know more about trends like slow food, farm to fork, sustainable practices etc. – 27th Nov 2021
- Writing professional CVs and building LinkedIn Profiles – 4th Dec 2021
- Live culinary workshop (Culinary Demo Session) – 11th Dec 2021
- Assessment – 18th Dec 2021
Key Course Benefits
a. Introduction to the world of Culinary & Sustainability.
The foundation courses will cover a lot of basics that will offer a learner a decent insight in terms of understanding what these businesses are all about, what is the future of the industry in India and internationally, and how and where they can fit in based on their interest (if any). Gain contemporary knowledge and life skills that matter.
b. Offer certification with academic credit and other benefits
The learners who complete the course with 90% or more overall attendance and complete the assessment with receive a certificate of completion that will also come with academic credit that will exempt them from the written exam component of our entrance process 2022, including a waiver of the application form fee.
Fee & process of registration
The course delivered in an online mode has a registration fee of Rs. 1000/-.. and registered students must meet 90% or above attendance standard and complete the assessment at the end of the course to receive certification.
For registration visit our website at https://www.vedatya.ac.in Or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
October 23 (Saturday) 10:00 am - December 18 (Saturday) 12:00 pm